PGDM IN - HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT & HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT
Healthcare & Hospital Industry in India has registered tremendous growth in recent years. The demand of quality healthcare is going to further increase with the increased awareness about health resulting in phrnomenal growth of hospital across the country. The recent divison allowing the entry of private agencies in health insurance is an important step taken by the government to reach out to the vast majority of people who are witjout any insurance coverage. The corporate hopitals & other agencies will play an important role in the current scenario. Therefore there is a need of properly tarined pool of hospital administrators who can design and deliver quality healthy services. The primary objective of this Diploma course in Hospital Administration is to train medical & non-medical graduates to undertake a wider range of administrative & managerial responsibilities within hospital organization. This will help the hospitals to be managed profesionally and in turn deliver quality healthcare to the patients. This course with its integrated inputs will help the student to gain strong conceptual & technical knowledge in various management concepts and improve his anlytical capability to prepare him for the administrative fucntions.
- To prepare qualified & efficient administrators to manage hospitals.
- To train the candidate in various of administration of hospitals.
- To develop better systems for effective delivery of healthcare in hospitals.
- To train the candidate in developing better leadership skills.
- To train the candidate in understanding the concepts of organization behavious & human resource management.
- To provide the necessary skills & knowledge for practical orientation & implementation of strategies with relation to modern hospitals.
- The aim of this module is to aquaint the students with the basic principles of management, organizational behavious, materials management & human resource management with reference to hospitals.
- This module helps the student understand clearly the role of economics in general and in context to hospitals & healthcare in scpecific. This module also explains the evolution & importance of helath insurance
Principles of Management
The aim of this module is to aquaint the students with the basic principles of management, organizational behaviour, materials management and human resource management and human resource management with reference to hospitals.
Health and Hospital Economics
This module helps the student clearly the role of economics in general and in context to hospitals and healthcare in specific. the module also explains the evolution & importance of health insurance.
Accounting of Hospitals
The aim of this module is to provide an understanding of general principles of accounting, financial statements, analysis of financial statements and fundamentals of cost concepts.
Marketing of Health Services
This module deals with marketing of health services the various marketing techniques and skills and marketing functions organizations in general & hospitals in specific.
This module helps the student understand the basics of hospital organization, the use of computers in hospital, communications in hospitals, change management, conflict resolution, time management, delegation and decision making.
Hospital Function & Services
This module explains the various functions & services utilized in the hospitals for patient care.
Hospital management provides a direct link between healthcare facilities and those supplying the services they need. This procurement and reference resource provides one non stop shop for professional and decision makers within the hospital management, healthcare & patient care industries. Hospital management is a new theory in management faculty. Earlier a senior doctor used to perfrom the role of a hospital manager. However now a days everything demands a specialist. Allmost all the things related to hospital have changed. Many categories concerning medical sciences and hospital have alterd totally. There are various types of hospital today, including ordinary hospitals, specialty hospitals and super specialty hospitals. The categories are regarding to the types of facilities they offfer to the people. Eligible professionals are needed for the smooth operating of a hospitals. Various courses and training programmes have been developed to find out eligible hospital managers.
- Healthcare industry is among the fastest growing sectors in India rquiring huge manpower and it is a recession proof industry.
- Placement assistance provided on successful completion of course by Medvarsity Placement Cell.
- Interactive study material using multimedia tools.
- Practical training at other hospital & research Institute.
Duration: 2 years programme includes a minimum 4 weeks contact programme at Hospitals
Eligibility: Graduates of Medicine in Allopathy, Dental, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Physiotherapy, Paramedical and Allied Medical sciences or any other Graduate from recognized university. Students have to apear in either CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA as it is mandatory by AICTE for students taking admission in management courses with 50% marks.
Approval & Recognitions :
- RECOGNIZED BY: ALL INDIA COUNCIL FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION (AICTE), NEW DELHI