BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (B.ED.)
In India, Bachelor of Education is a course offered for those interested in pursuing career in teaching. The B.Ed degree is mandatory for teaching in higher primary schools. The minimum qualification required for entry into B.Ed course is Bachelor Degree from a recognized university or board. A Bachelor of Education is a undergraduate professional degree which prepares students for work as a teacher in schools, Though in some countries additional work must be done in order for the student to be fully qualified to teach.
The B.ed degree course is mandatory for teaching in higher primary schools and high schools. National Council for Teacher Education is statutory body which regulates course in teaching in India. The B.Ed/ Degree is mandatory for teaching in higher primary schools and high schools.
|Recognition||NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education)Reg no.ERC/7-103. 4(1). 1/2009/2985|
|Course duration||As Per NCTE Norms|
|Medium of Instruction||English/ Hindi|
|Eligibility||Graduate/Post Graduation with min 50% and state Govt./University reservation norms|
|Selection Procedure||Entrance Exam followed by Personal interview|
Note: The eligibility criteria and duration of the course may change from time to time as per apex body norms
How to Apply
You can obtain the admission form along with the admission information brochure from the campus by payment of Rs.600/- In cash or you can also download form from our website
www.shineedu.net and submit the same along with an application fee in cash.
All short listed applicants would be invited to participate in the selection process. The final selection will be based on the Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI).
The list of selected candidates will be displayed on the website and the selected candidates will be personally notified.
- Entrance Test will be held in the month of Feb or March (Tentative)
- There will be 100 objective type questions.
- Questions will be General Science, General Knowledge, and Arithmetic & Indian Modern Languages.
- Result of the student will be published in our official website- www.shineedu.net
Seat Availability & Reservation
Out of 100 allotted seats of the institution shall be based on the Reservation Policy of Jharkhand Government and that of Ranchi University itself.
|Duration of Course||2 year|
|Total Weeks Available||104|
|Total Vacation||16 Weeks|
|Total Gazetted Holidays||6 weeks|
|Total Available days||520|
|Teaching Practice||80 Days|
|Teaching hours per week||40|
Course of Instruction
|I.||Foundation and development of education in emerging Indian society|
|II.||Educational Psychology and learning process|
|III.||School Management & Educational evaluation|
Elective Paper (Choose any)
|VI.||Methods Paper (Two subjects from the list)|
Methods Subject A
Method Subject B
|VIII.||Core Teaching Skills|
Work Experience (ANY ONE)
The internal evaluation system is designed to continually assess on the trainee’s performance.
|A.||The performance is assessed on the basis of two terminal examination|
|B.||Classes/ Seminars/ Activities/ Participation/ Preparation of assignment/ Projects|
|C.||Record of participation in criticism and demonstration classes (observation book)|
|D.||Record of participation in Community Life Activities|
|E.||Record of Practice Teaching (Two Subjects- journals)|
|F.||Record of science practical|
|G.||Record of Psychology tests/td>|
Choice of Subjects as Method
The college offers the following subjects as method:
- Language- Hindi, English & Other Language
- Social Studies- History, Geography, Civics and Economics
- Science & Math’s- Physical Science, Biological Science & Mathematics
A candidate has to choose any one of the following combinations:
|English and History||English and Civics|
|Hindi and History||Hindi and Civics|
|Urdu and History||Urdu and Civics|
|Geography and History||Geography and Civics|
|Physical and Biological Science||Physical Science and Mathematics|
The method subjects have to be selected as per norms given below:
- Candidates who offers Urdu/ English/ Hindi/ Geography/ Biological or Physical Science/ Mathematics as methods, must have passed in the subject at the Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree stage.
- Candidates who have passed their degree Examination in Science with subject other than Mathematics may be permitted to offer Mathematics as their method subject.
- Candidates who offer Civics as a method subject should have studied any one of the following subjects at the degree stage:
- Political Science
Course completion requirement for appearing at the University Examination. Every Candidate of the B. Ed. shall produce a certificate from the Principal for the purpose of
- Good Conduct
- Having Satisfactory complete the work at the college.
- Attending at least 75% lecture in the theory (including optional subjects)
- Attending at least 75% classes in tutorial
- Giving 40 lessons in two of the method subjects (not less than 15 in may one of the two) selected
- 10 observation lessons & 20 criticism lessons
*Candidates, who fail to fulfill the requirement in respect of Sessional work or percentage of attendance at lectures, shall not be allowed to appear at the University Examination.
- In the Practical Examination, which carries 200 marks the candidate is required to deliver one of lesson in each of the methodology selected by him/ her.
- In order to pass, a candidate shall be required to obtained 33% in each theory paper and 40% in each Practical paper provided that he/ she obtained at least 6 marks out of 20 allocated for the Sessional work and 24 marks in the written examination except in paper VI in which the marks obtained shall be 8 and 32 respectively.
Approval & Recognitions :
- RECOGNIZED BY: NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR TEACHER EDUCATION (NCTE), NEW DELHI
- AFFILIATED TO: RANCHI UNIVERSITY, RANCHI
- APPROVED BY: DEPARTMENT OF HRD, GOVT. OF JHARKHAND